The Houston-Galveston Area Council (H-GAC) strives to improve regional mobility through planning, implementation, and education support for all modes of transportation within our community. We are pleased to offer bicycle safety courses to:
- reduce crashes;
- encourage higher use of active transportation, including bicycling;
- improve bicycling as a form of transportation;
- improve health as people discover the sense of freedom associated with cycling;
- improve community cohesion as cycling promotes neighborly interaction; and
- active transportation grounds the community by increasing accessibility for all.
Thank you for taking the time to learn and become the best cyclist you can be. Enjoy the course!
Leave conflict and incivility behind.
CyclingSavvy Basics consists of 14 beautifully produced and inspiring modules filled with essential knowledge you need to keep yourself safe, everywhere you ride. Discover how crashes happen — and more important, how to avoid crashes. Yes, you can make your riding virtually conflict-free!
To access this free course, you must live in the Houston-Galveston area that includes Harris, Galveston, Montgomery, Chambers, Liberty, Brazoria, Fort Bend & Waller counties. Enter your postal code after clicking the button below.
If you have already signed up, go to your account page to log in and access your course.